We are very proud of the results that our children attain and the progress they make, throughout their time at Buglawton, which culminate in tremendous Year 6 SATs achievements. We invest a lot of time and effort through a creative, engaging curriculum to ensure that all children achieve their best and so preparing them for their future at high school and beyond.
Pupils at Buglawton make very good academic progress and achieve very well. We focus on pupils' attainment and progress from different starting points.
We strive for as many pupils as possible to meet age-related expectations based on the National Curriculum by the end of each year group. Many pupils will meet these expectations during the school year and will start to apply their learning in different ways to work at greater depth.
Every child is unique, each with their own abilities. We track progress from each pupil's starting point and report attainment:
- At the end of Reception (% of pupils achieving a Good Level of Development)
- At the end of Year 1 in the Phonics Screening Check
- At the end of Key Stage 1 (Year 2)
- At the end of Key Stage 2 (Year 6)
Key groups of pupils
Every pupil is important and we track their academic progress individually. We also focus on key groups of pupils:
- the most-able pupils
- disadvantaged pupils who receive additional government funding known as the Pupil Premium grant
- pupils with special educational needs
- girls and boys
Below you will see the most recent results that have been reported. These results are usually published in the December following the examination period.