All of our school admissions for children starting school, or those transferring to school, are handled centrally by Cheshire East Council.
However, we love showing people around Buglawton and we think it is really important that you come and see us at work to get a flavour of our school. If you would like to book an appointment, please contact the school office on 01260 633080 or email email@example.com.
To apply for a school place for your child, please contact Cheshire East Admissions on 0300 123 5012 - if your child is due to start in Reception in the next academic year, you should automatically receive information about how to apply for your child's school place from Cheshire East. If you haven't, please contact them on the number above.
If your child is due to start school in September 2022, please make a note of the dates below:
|Application Process Starts||1st September 2021|
|Closing Dates for Applications||15th January 2022|
|Offers Released to Parents||19th April 2022|
|Deadline for Accepting or Declining Places||3rd May 2022|
|Appeals Application Deadline||18th May 2022|
|Appeal Hearings||By 20th July 2022|
East Cheshire Admissions apply criteria for applications. The criteria applied (in order) this year were:
- Children who are in local authority care or have previously been in care.
- Brothers and sisters living in the same household as children already in the school (up to and including year 5) who expect to stay at the school for the next school year. This includes foster and adopted brothers and sisters, step-brothers and sisters, and half-brothers and sisters.
- Children living within the school's catchment area.
- For high schools, children who are currently pupils at one of the primary schools the high school works with as a feeder school.
- Children living nearest to the school as measured in a straight line by the National Property Gazetteer.
The 2020 Catchment area for Buglawton Primary School is shown below:
We currently offer 15 and 30 hour funded places and top-up places for 3 and 4-year-olds in our fantastic Preschool facility.
If you would like your child to attend our preschool, please contact the school office on 01260 633080 to discuss your requirements.
Please see our Preschool page for further details and to see the wonderful things taking place!