Sainsbury’s Kitemark Award
During the academic year 2016-2017 we are striving to achieve the Sainsbury’s Bronze Kitemark in recognition of our efforts in sport and PE.
- As a school we provide two hours of physical education a week
- We have a display in the corridor dedicated to our Sainsbury’s school games activities
- We follow an interschool calendar of competition
- We have competed in level 1 activites against other schools and will continue to compete in these activities during the summer term.
- We recognise the childrens efforts by awarding individual and group winners with certificates
- We will be taking part in an action packed Sainsburys Schools Games Day
- We have a system in place to track childrens participation in activities
- Our sports ambassadors will be leading lunch time clubs for other children to get involved in sport daily.
- We are starting to show an awareness of how we can be more healthy and more active.
After school Sporting events 2016/17
So far this year we have had some brilliant opportunities to get involved in sports games and competitions. The children involved have all represented Buglawton Fantastically. Each demonstrating great team work, honest sportsmanship, skill and determination. I look forward to the rest of the sports left this year. And hope to see you all there cheering us on. Well done everyone! Keep up the hard work, training and determination. We are all very proud!
click here to see the sporting games and competitions we have entered so far this year.After school Sporting events 2016.17
On Thursday 12th June we held our successful school games. This was a culmination of the different sports that the children have done during pe lessons. The events were boccia, football target challenge and softball. The children competed in teams striving to achieve points. The winning team was yellow who narrowly beat green team by 5 points.
The event was co-ordinated by Mr Utteridge along with the schools ambassadors of sport. They helped select the sports and then on the day, they successfully officiated and scored. A big well done to the them.
The events focused on inclusion, participation and competition and was inspired by the London 2012 legacy.
Please look at some of the photos from the day.
On Thursday 11th July 2014 the school were awarded the silver mark. This is a fantastic achievement and is a clear recognition of the excellent provision of sport at Buglawton.
We have been presented with our logo which will now appear on our website and letter heads.
Within the near future we will be presented with our official certificate of recognition.