Welcome to Year 2
What will we be learning about during the Autumn Term 2017?
During this topic Year Two will be exploring the world of food.
We will be:
- trying different foods from around the world
- designing and creating our own foods and drinks
- visiting pizza express
- creating a healthy lunchbox
- learning about where food comes from
- painting food faces
- creating our own class cafe
- investigating healthy vs unhealthy foods
- designing menus
- learning about different countries and cultures
- and much, much more.
KS1 SATs info
The year 2 SATs will take place the week beginning 22nd May 2017.
All of the staff in year 2 are extremely proud of the effort they have all put in so far this year.
Keep up the fantastic work !
You can find the KS1 SATs sample papers here…
You can find the KS1 Interim Frameworks here…
In order to help prepare your child at home I have a few suggestions.
- Complete practice papers found on the websites linked.
- Read daily and ask questions about the books they are reading.
- Practice spellings at the back of their planners.
- Give them maths problems to solve.
- Practice times tables with them.
- Complete set practice paper homework.
- But most importantly don’t panic!
Other useful links:
Year 2 residential 2018
Click here for the kit list…Kit List
Click here for the information letter…Beeston Residential Information letter for parents
Visit here for the Beeston outdoor education website…http://www.conwaycentres.co.uk/beeston/about-us/
See page 123 of planner for termly Learn it break-down
Why not play ZAP at home?
Maths- is given out on a Friday and is due in on the following Thursday. The homework will always be based on what we have been learning in class.
Literacy- is given out on a Friday and is due in on the following Thursday. The homework will be focused on a range of skills; reading comprehensions, sentence work, phonics and writing creatively. The homework will always be based on what we have been learning in class.
Learn It's- children will have number sentences to learn and practice as part of their in class maths targets.